Disability services provides assistance to students with physical, psychological, ADD/ADHD and learning disabilities who are eligible for reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act. These include: chronic illness/medical conditions, attendance/absence accommodations due to a disability/illness/medical condition, and pregnancy or related conditions.

Services are provided differently in college than in grades K – 12. In that setting, typically accommodations are coordinated through an IEP or 504 plan on a cycle by parents/guardians, teachers and other staff. Post-secondary institutions are not required to identify an individual as a student with disabilities. At KCAI, students must request accommodations and provide appropriate documentation to support requests.

Disability accommodations are an interactive process, made on a case-by-case basis upon review of documentation and after conversations with the student. Accommodations may be requested at any time during the semester, but are not retroactive. Students are encouraged to make requestsΒ as soon as possible, as certain accommodations require time to arrange. Please follow the instructions on the form below to request accommodations. The form will address documentation and next steps in the process.


Application to Request Reasonable Accommodations


Additional information, including guidance from the Office of Civil Rights can be found at:

Office of Civil Rights Guidance

KCAI Disclosure of Disability and Student Accommodation Process Policy



KCAI recognizes the importance of emotional support animals to students with disabilities, chronic conditions, and/or other related diagnoses. The following policy is intended to create an educational and campus environment that allows those students who depend on emotional support animals equal access to our campus housing.

Your emotional support animal must be approved prior to occupancy (that is, before moving into the Residence Hall). If you receive approval for an emotional support animal after you have moved into the Residence Hall, you will be able to bring it at the beginning of the next semester.

Before you can begin the application to request an ESA, you will need the documentation and information outlined in the Emotional Support Animal policy, which includes:

  1. Documentation from a Healthcare Professional
  2. Veterinary Records for Emotional Support Animal
  3. Local Emergency Contact Information

Once you have all of the above documentation, you may click the link below (you must be logged into your KCAI Student Email to complete the application).

Click here to begin your Application to Request an Emotional Support Animal