Change in Covid Response Team Policy/Practices
Effective immediately, KCAI faculty, staff, and students will no longer need to report to the covid management team (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org) potential symptoms, exposures, or positive cases of Covid. Going forward, please follow the protocols listed below.
Communicable Disease Protocol (symptoms, positive test, and exposure)
A member of the campus community who develops symptoms, tests positive, or is in close contact with someone who has symptoms or tests positive for a communicable disease, including Covid, should adhere to the following protocols:
- Consult immediately with a medical provider and follow the directives of the medical provider.
- Do not attend class/work and stay away from campus until cleared by a medical provider, or through CDC guidelines.
- Notify instructor(s)/supervisor in advance of an absence.
The current CDC guidelines for Covid include:
- Close contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid - Wear a mask for 10 days and test on day 5, but you are not required to quarantine.
- Symptoms of Covid - Test for Covid. If negative, wear a mask for 10 days. Test again after 5 days if symptoms persist. There is no quarantine/isolation requirement if you have a negative test.
- Positive Covid test result - Isolate for 5 days and wear a mask for 10 days. If an on campus resident, please notify email@example.com.
KCAI will continue to adhere to the Communicable Disease and Epidemic/Pandemic Response Plan. More detailed information is available in the KCAI Communicable Disease and Pandemic/Epidemic Response Plan.
Please contact Mike Raunig, Director of Safety and Security, at firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions.